2 generously or 4 for a light meal
We love this lighter version of the classic beans on toast. It’s great for brunch, or for an easy peasy supper!
300g podded broad beans
200g basil pesto
4 tsps of Scarlett & Mustard Chilli Jam
large ciabatta, split in half horizontally and vertically to give four pieces
olive oil for drizzling
2 garlic cloves, squashed
140g light cream cheese
4 slices of prosciutto
70g rocket salad
- Boil the broad beans in a pan of water for about 2 mins or until just tender.
- Drain them under cold water and remove the broad bean skins.
- Mix the beans with the pesto.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the cut side of the ciabatta with olive oil, then rub in the squashed garlic.
- Toast on a griddle pan until charred griddle lines appear.
- Place a piece of toasted ciabatta on each plate, spread over the cream cheese, top with the pesto beans, a slice of prosciutto and a handful of rocket.
- Dollop on the Scarlett & Mustard Chilli Jam, drizzle with olive oil and serve!