1 hour 30 mins
This recipe is perfect for a light summer lunch.
1 whole bulb garlic
2 tbsp chopped oregano
2 lemons – 1 for the juice, the other cut into wedges
4 tbsp olive oil
1 medium to large chicken
3 large peppers, deseeded and cut into large chunks
3 small red onions, cut into wedges
4 large courgettes, cut into thick slices
3 tbsp chopped mint, plus a few sprigs to serve
3 tbsp Big Bear’s Honey & Mustard Dressing
200g pack of feta cheese, crumbled into chunks
400g chickpeas, drained
Crusty bread to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 180c. Mix together 3 of the crushed garlic cloves and oregano with lemon juice, 3 tbsp of the olive oil and all of the Big Bear’s Honey Dressing, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting tin and make a few slashes in each chicken leg.
- Rub in 2tbsp of the dressing mixture and stuff the squeezed lemon shells inside the body cavity.
- Roast in the oven at 180C for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, tip the peppers, onions, whole garlic cloves and courgettes into a large bowl, and toss with the remaining olive oil and some seasoning.
- After 30 minutes, take the chicken out and pile the veg around it
- Drizzle with half the remaining dressing mixture and return to the oven to roast for a further hour.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, lift onto a platter and cover with foil leaving it somewhere warm to rest (away from the dog’s reach)
- Return the juices to the tin and stir the lemon wedges, mint, feta chickpeas and remaining dressing through the veg and juices.
- Return to the oven for 10 mins to warm through.
- Place the chicken on a platter with the veggies piles around it, scatter with mint sprigs
- Serve with warm crusty bread bread to mop up all the yummy juices
Products Used In This Recipe