This is an adaptation of a James Martin recipe. You can use any of our flavour of curds in it.
1½ pints double cream
4 sheets of gelatine
150g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod (optional – I left out as used elderflower syrup)
120ml full cream milk
75ml elderflower cordial (or liqueur)
200g jar of Scarlett & Mustard Passionfruit & Lemon Curd
- Soak 4 sheets of gelatine in milk.
- Heat 1 pint of double cream plus vanilla pod plus 150g caster sugar until boiling point and remove from heat. Leave vanilla pod in mixture to infuse.
- Strain milk off gelatine and put milk into small pan and heat, then add softened gelatine and stir until melted.
- Add gelatine mixture to warm cream/sugar/vanilla mixture, then strain both into a separate bowl and cool.
- Lightly whip remaining ½ pint double cream and fold into setting mixture.
- Stir in 75ml of elderflower cordial and put into pretty bowl or greased mould.
- Chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, spoon a jar of Scarlett & Mustard Passionfruit & Lemon Curd over the top.