A lovely moist and fruity cake, delicious with tea or as a pudding with cream.
250g pears (peeled and grated)
250g parsnips (peeled and grated)
Juice and zest of half an orange
150g white rice flour
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp baking powder
150g ground almonds
150g light brown sugar
1 200g jar of Scarlett & Mustard Toffee Apple Curd
- Turn the oven on to 180°C and line a 23cm round tin.
- Add the grated parsnip and pear to a large bowl with the raisins, mixed spice, orange juice and zest, and mix together.
- In a separate bowl measure out the flour, nutmeg, baking powder and ground almonds and stir together well.
- Now beat together the eggs and sugar until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes should do it. Then add the oil and continue beating to incorporate.
- Fold in the flour mixture to the wet mixture, then incorporate the grated parsnip and pear mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin and bake. Check after 30 minutes to see if it needs a little longer or not.
- Serve with a dollop of Toffee Apple Curd