Sacrilege to describe this as a pesto, but this green, herby, warming recipe is fantastic with egg pasta, or use it as per a salsa verde to perk up any kind of griddled meat.
50g pine nuts
Large bunch of basil
150ml olive oil
2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp Auntie Frog’s Lime & Chilli Dressing
Juice of 1/2 a lime
3 large chicken breasts
500g fusilli pasta
1. Measure out the pine nuts, and fry off on a medium heat until they turn golden brown. Once cooked put the pine nuts into a food processor with the basil, olive oil, garlic cloves, lime juice and Auntie Frog’s Lime & Chilli Dressing and blend to create a well-combined herby mess!
2. Boil some water to start cooking the pasta, while it is cooking chop the chicken breasts up into small pieces and cook in a large frying pan.
3. Whilst the pasta and chicken are cooking, chop the tomatoes in half and the mozzarella into small pieces.
4. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and stir in the pesto. Then add the pesto pasta to the chicken (while it’s still cooking) and stir through the mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
5. Cook for a remaining five minutes and then serve.