A classic salad to be enjoyed on a summer’s day with a glass of chilled white wine!
4 fresh tuna steaks (or you can use canned tuna if preferred)
French green beans
4 hen’s eggs or 8 quail’s eggs
8 Cherry tomatoes
A selection of lettuce leaves – little gems are good
Some generous drizzles of Scarlett & Mustard English French Dressing
A handful of chopped fresh Basil
- Gently pan fry the tuna steaks until just cooked through, set aside to cool.
- Halve the new potatoes and place in a large pan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil.
- After 5 minutes of simmering, add in the eggs and the green beans in with the potatoes.
- Bring back to a gentle simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Drain the whole pan, fill with cold water, then drain again.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Place the potatoes, green beans, olives and lettuce into a large bowl.
- Drizzle over Scarlett & Mustard English French Dressing and toss well.
- Divide the salad on to the plates and top with tomatoes and quartered eggs.
- Add a little more dressing, then sprinkle over the chopped fresh basil.