Choose your favourite chilli jam to add to this one: sweet, scotch bonnet or smoked chipotle. Or try a batch of each!
320g pack of ready rolled puff pastry
2 tbsp your favourite chilli jam
400g good quality sausagemeat
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180°c.
2. Allow the pastry to get up to room temperature (or it’ll crack) and unfurl it. Cut the pastry lengthways to form two long strips. Spread with a thin layer of your favourite chilli jam leaving a border along the edges.
2. Divide the sausagemeat into two long cylinders. Put each portion of meat into the middle of a pastry strip, leaving a border at either side. Brush the pastry border and the top of the sausage mix with the beaten egg, but don’t use it all up.
3. Roll up your sausage rolls and use a fork to press the pastry edges together. Cut into the length you fancy and pop some diagonal slashes in the top to look super smart.
4. Place on a lined baking tray. Brush with the remaining beaten egg and bake for 30-35 mins until golden.
5. Serve with more of your favourite chilli jam alongside.