20 mins + proving time
Our 3 Tomato Salsas make the perfect pizza toppings. Pizzas are also a great way to turn leftovers into a new meal.
For the pizza base:
150ml lukewarm water
½ tbsp dried yeast
A pinch of sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
250g strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp salt
For the topping:
1 tbsp of rapeseed oil
1 cooked chicken breast cut into strips or some leftover roast chicken
1 tsp of salt
1 thinly sliced red onion
1 bell pepper (colour of your choice) sliced into strips
150g Tomato Salsa of your choice
200g mozzarella cheese
Chopped basil leaves
- In a bowl, mix the warm water with the yeast, sugar and oil. Leave for 10 minutes or so to froth up.
- Place the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Pour in the wet ingredients and mix with your hands or a spoon until you have a sticky dough.
- Keep adding handfuls of flour or drops of water until you have a workable consistency.
- Knead for 5 minutes then return to the bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise in the warm for one hour.
- Once risen, split the dough into two and roll out into pizza bases.
- Spread the Tomato Salsa over the base.
- Sprinkle over all the rest of the ingredients except the basil.
- Bake on a high heat for 5-7 mins.
- Serve with fresh chopped basil.