Chicken Fajita Pizza
Did you know that our tomato salsas not only are fantastic with chips and dip?
They also make superb pizza bases, you must try this out!
150ml lukewarm water
½ tbsp. dried yeast
A pinch of sugar
1 tbsp. olive oil
250g strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp salt
In a bowl, mix the warm water with the yeast, sugar and oil. Leave for 10 minutes or so to froth up. Meanwhile, place the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix with your hands or a spoon until you have a sticky dough. Keep adding handfuls of flour or drops of water until you have a workable consistency.
Knead for five minutes then return to the bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise in the warm for one hour. Once risen, split the dough into two and roll out into pizza bases.
Ingredients (per pizza)
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 chicken breast, cut into strips
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of chilli powder
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 thinly sliced red onion
1 bell pepper (colour of your choice) sliced into strips
150g/200g salsa of your choice
200g mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oil in a pan
- Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned
- Stir in the seasoning
- Add onion and bell pepper, for an additional minute
- Sprinkle pizza pan with semolina and press dough into the pan
- Pre-bake dough until it is lightly golden brown, for about 6 minutes
- Remove from the oven and scatter over the chicken, vegetables, spoon the salsa over the top and finally top with mozzarella
- Bake for another 15 minutes until the crust is golden brown